Careers at AAF Divine Health Care
A Career You’ll Truly Care About
Are you looking for a rewarding career that truly allows you to make a difference in the lives of others? The AAF Divine Health Care team is always interested in speaking to caregivers who align with our mission. We expect a lot, as do the clients and families we serve here in Laurel, MD and all throughout Baltimore and Harford Counties. We seek caregivers who want to make a career of helping others, not those who are simply looking for a job.
Eldercare requires a giving personality, commitment, a positive attitude, and a caregiver who embraces caring for the mind, body, spirit, and environment. We always put the client first and expect excellence and dedication from our caregivers. We hire both certified and non-certified companions and caregivers. We also employ LPNs and RNs who maintain licensure and want to work 1-on-1 as a caregiver. We require all of our caregivers to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Dependability, maturity (unrelated to age), presence, patience
- Knowing when to take initiative and when to step back and “go with the flow”
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of good decision-making and quick thinking skills
- A cup-half-full mentality
- Positive problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Team skills: willingness to provide support for and receive support from other caregivers and the ability to work together to find
Caregivers who provide personal care for clients are overseen by our RN. We provide training and mentoring to help you feel confident and give the best possible care. Our RN is also a certified CNA/GNA trainer who can provide additional training in geriatric care. We offer required and paid quarterly educational sessions. All caregivers must pass state and federal background checks and random drug testing. We also require all caregivers to have a vehicle, proof of a clean driving record from the MVA, and proof of automobile insurance. All caregivers are hired as employees and are bonded and covered by professional liability insurance.
If you have further questions about what it takes to be one of our senior care caregivers or about our application process, please feel free to contact us here (240) 486 – 7080